When attending ASHA, you can still (pretty) easily view presenter handouts, take notes on sessions, and even annotate (write over) the handout files on your iDevice!
Here are the steps:
1. Get acquainted with the Personal Scheduler. I am noticing this process does not work well on mobile devices, so you'll need to use a computer to transfer handouts to your iDevice.
2. If a presenter has uploaded his or her files, they will be in the "View" info with the session, like this:
(and tsk, tsk if he/she hasn't, cause we were supposed to by 11/11, haha)
3. Control-click (Mac) or right-click (PC) on the link and select Save Link As.
4. Take note of where you saved the PDF, and email it to an email you have access to on your iDevice.
5. Check your email on your iDevice, and tap on the PDF file to download it.
6. Tap again on the file to open it.
7. Tap on the screen to view the "Action" Button (arrow pointing right). This gives you the option to:
a. Open in iBooks. The PDF file will save in your iBooks collection and you can read it while at the session. If you want to take notes, the Notes app that comes with your device is a good option.
b. If you have installed a PDF annotation app, you will be able to open the document in that app by tapping "Open In..." My favorite is iAnnotate PDF ($9.99) but many like GoodReader ($4.99) or the free option, Neu.Annotate PDF.