- Naming the objects in various categories could serve as a good word-finding and description activity.
- Arrangement and resizing of objects provides a good opportunity to work on spatial and temporal concepts.
- Discussion of why certain objects go well or look silly in the scene will contextually prompt causal sentence structures.
- The category names of the objects could help students with word retrieval difficulties become aware of nonspecific language.
- The "Letter" category could be used in a phonemic awareness activity.